Soul Calibur IV has this great little fighting challenge called The Tower of Lost Souls, even though it sometimes has you ripping the hairs out of your head. Here are some tips for making it through the Floors, for either ascending or descending the tower.
1. Create a few custom characters. Give them as much HP, defense and attack power as you possibly can, meaning you should sit there and sift through all the available equipment, paying special attention to the affects they have on your stats. Don’t be ashamed if they come out looking weird! Choose the fighting style you feel you’re best at. Add on top of that the best skills and weapon you can equip them with and they’re good to go.
2. Make sure you have SWT configured to one of the buttons you don’t use often. This swap button will be useful for Floors that allow you to have two or more characters. While one character is out there fighting, the others are hidden and regaining HP.
3. Use Ring Outs to your advantage. Knocking an opponent out of the stage saves you a lot of time and HP, and is especially important when your one character is pitted against 10.
4. Remember: no one’s watching! If you need to, and only if you really need to, cheese. You’ll come across some stages, like the very unpopular Floors 30-32, where it’ll be difficult to reach the boss with 75% of your HP left. The only answer is to use a very aggressive and powerful move that stops your opponents from attacking. My favorite is Siegfried’s 66B. In this video, the player uses Mitsurugi.
Youtube User – Blaise9
5. Keep an eye on the clock. For the most part, the timer isn’t important but for certain Floors it’s crucial. If time runs out you automatically fail the mission.